Monday, July 10, 2006

Cruel Intentions 001

Currently Playing: Do As Infinity - Tooku Made

Okay, so I fail in keeping things current with this journal, or well, I do a pretty good job of keeping up to date. But fail in posting things as they happen instead of a day or two afterwards. vn.nv; Gomen ne. Though, I guess that it'll now depend on you all if you still want to keep reading this, or if you'd rather stop. I honestly have no power over what you do, and what you don't. So in the end you can all call the shots, keep reading if you like, or don't, whatever floats your boat.

Anyways, so yesterday with the whole movie, and popcorn event at Himitsu's home it went over pretty well. There was a lot of teasing, and playful notions, though, we somehow managed to make it through at least three movies, and a big bowl, and a half of popcorn. Kira even had some ice cream that we broke into, and even teased about getting into her dad's sake stash, which thankfully she didn't. vn.nv; I'm not an alcoholic type of person, nor do I really approve of bending the rules, demo, unfortunately the group of people that I chose to hang out with tend to have a certain disregard for the rules. So I guess, because of that I've mellowed down a bit, and am okay with a little bit of rule breaking, but never anything scholastic based. No, no, no. If they wanted me to break some school rule, I would definitely decline, and actually try and persuade my friends away from that kind of rule breaking.

Though, that I'm afraid to say is easier said then done. Since for some of my friends..not mentioning any names, rule breaking seems all they have ever known. For others, it was just a kick. For me, I just really didn't like it. vn.nv; And can you honestly blame me? Out of my entire group of friends, a part from Rae, I was the good kid. Did my homework, wore my uniform, and lectured to my other friends to do the same. I may have been a natural/regular know-it-all, but at least I had enough decency to admit to it. -Laughs lightly.- Iie, all of my friends are good people, they just have a different view on some things more than I do.

But anyhow, so yesterday went over considerably well. As for today, well, today's Monday so most people aren't in very high spirits. Though, they've been better with all the gossip about the Fall Festival which was taking place this weekend. A lot of the students were talking about who they'd be going with, and what they'd be wearing. I swear, you couldn't pass a single hallway that didn't have that husstle-and-bustle going on. And each time that I did pass by one of the gossiping groups, I had to laugh inspite of myself. Otherwise, it was too hard to keep a non-happy face, or air during this week. Most complaints only arose when teachers would schedule tests on Friday, or else people would be whining about why the festival couldn't be celebrated sooner. Everyone, well, most everyone anyways, was looking forward to it.

Ace, on the other hand was a bit leery about the whole thing, and I noticed too that he was staying his distance from Himitsu. I actually ran into him on the way the cafeteria for lunch, and was looking around me expectingly, and I had to laugh. "Ace," I said kindly, "she isn't with me. You're safe."

My friend met my gaze, and pretended like I hadn't noticed he was looking for Kira. "Who?"

I just smiled at him, shaking my head. "No one," I said. "Did you just get done with lunch?"

"Yeah, I'm on my way to my Economics class," said the blond with a roll of his sky-blue eyes.

"Ah," I chuckled, "your least favorite class."

"Mhm." In the distance I heard a bell ring, and then looked back at Ace. "Well, gotta go, see you later, Sakuuya." He waved after me, and then sprinted off down the hallway, and towards his class. I shook my head at his actions, chuckling to myself, and then continued making my way towards the cafeteria. Albeit, just before the girls' restroom, I sudddenly felt a sharp ache in my forehead, and nearly doubled over. One of the other girls in my class stopped, and kneeled down beside me asking if I were all right, just as Rae appeared in the corridor. He saw me, and rushed forward.

"Sakuuya!"

I barely heard him, the pain was so intense that it almost seemed to silence everything around me, and my vision was going faintly blurry. When Rae appeared at my side I reached up, and grasped his uniform collar, my heads were clammy with sweat. Next to us, the other student stepped aside.

"I..I'll go and get the nurse," she said, and then skurried down the hall to the office.

Rae reached out to take hold of my hand. "Did you take your medicine last night?"

I nodded. "I had it in my pocket."

Rae looked anxiously at me, and then down the hall for the nurse. Who was now running towards us, the female student at her heel. Once close enough to us, the nurse bent down, and handed me a half of a pill, and a glass of water.

"Here, your foster mother said that your doctor had said that it was all right to take a half a pill more, if the regular doseage didn't seem to be helping," said the nurse. I took the pill half, and the water, and downed the medicine handing the glass back to her. Rae was at my other side looking at me worriedly. "She should be fine in just a couple of minutes," reassured the nurse. "Ms. Iwamoto, when was the last time you recall having a headache like this?"

"I don't know," I said.

"It was maybe about a week or two ago, when my parents returned from their trip," answered Rae.

The nurse nodded, and then stood up. "We should probably call your foster parents then, to let them know." I barely was taking in what she was saying, and just leaned against the wall closing my eyes against a faint head rush. My entire line of sight went white for a minute or so, and then everything was brought back into focus. The medicine was already going to work, and I could feel the pressure on my head subsiding.

"I..I'm all right now," I said. "Arigatou gozaimasu, Nakamura-sensei. Arigatou gozaimasu, Midori-chan." I thanked the nurse, and the girl who had went to get her.

"Dou itashi mashite, Sakuuya-chan," said the girl politely, and the nurse nodded.

"Now, I'm going to go and phone your guardians, and you should all be getting back to class," the nurse glanced at me. "Will you be all right, Ms. Iwamoto?"

I nodded gently. "Aa, sensei, I'll be fine. I've just got lunch this hour anyways."

She nodded, and then stood up, heading back towards the office. Midori glanced at me, and also nodded before turning to leave. "Take care, Sakuuya-chan," she waved and then departed. I sighed heavily leaning against the wall.

"Well that was certainly enough excitement for one day," I said. Rae nodded, and then held out his hand to help me up. I gratefully accepted it, and then got to my feet brushing myself.

"Arigatou, Rae."

My foster brother nodded softly, his blue-green eyes bright in the light of the hallway. After that whole ordeal, he and I then made our way towards the cafeteria where we ran into Max, Kira, and the others. The six of us always sat together during lunch, and so as soon as Rae, and I had ordered, we went outside to sit with them at our usual picnic table. As we joined them, though, Kira looked at me curiosly, apparently I was looking a little peakid.

"Hey, are you all right, Fox?" she asked concerned.

"Hm? Oh aa, I'm fine, just feeling a little under the weather is all," I answered as truthfully as possible. I took a seat next to Max, and then Rae sat down on the opposite side. Kira looked at me from where she sat across the way her red eyes were bright.

"You aren't running a fever or something, are you?" she asked.

I chuckled softly. "I told you that I'm all right, Kira. I'll be fine, and I am fine. Please don't worry yourself over me."

"Mm.." said Kira hesitantly, but she approached the matter no futher, and instead returned to her seat, and began eating. Eventually the usual conversations were brought up, and so everyone talked and ate their lunch, and afterwards when we had a little extra time some of our group joined a rag-tag group of seniors in playing some form of team sport, that involved makeshift goals, and a small orange ball. That carried on for about ten minutes or so, and then the lunch bell rang, and everyone returned to their classes.

On my way towards my fifth hour class, Rae walked at my side glancing at me in earnest. He was apparently still quite a bit worried about me. Finally, I stopped just outside the classroom, and smiled at him. "Rae, it's all right. I'll be fine now that I have some more medication in me. So please don't worry so much."

"I..I know, but still--"

I sighed softly, before smiling again shaking my head. "Arigatou, Rae, that's really sweet of you, but I promise that I'll be okay."

"Okay, but I am still going to keep an eye on you," said Rae, and I chuckled lightly.

"Alright, alright, if you insist," another smile, and then we both walked in our Language Arts class.

The last few hours of the school day passed by pretty smoothly. There was a little bit of trouble with Himitsu who was riling up a teacher on purpose during seventh hour about some paper or another, but apart from that nothing too exciting. As I was putting my things away in my locker, and then packing my homework, the rest of our merry little band joined us, and we left the school campus together. However, it was just before we managed to leave the school grounds when Max suddenly stopped, and so did Kira.

The rest of us only did because they had. "What is? What's wrong?" asked Ace curiosly.

"There's someone coming this way," said Max.

"Yeah, and so?" said Ace. I then saw Kira grip her school bag in a tighter hold, and then followed her's, and Max's gaze. There was indeed someone coming our way, two people to be exact, though, it was hard to make out too many of their features except for the fact that they both had dark hair. As they drew neared I saw that they were both dressed in crimson and black uniform blend. Which mean they were probably either transfer students from another school, or were still students there just coming over to check out the competition.

"Who are they?" asked Rae softly, voice low.

"I don't know," said Max, "I think their from one of the other schools."

"Judging my those uniforms," I said, "they're from Origak High."

"Wait, haven't they been our schools rivals for years?" asked Rae, and I nodded.

"Our school, and Origak were both built around the same time. But students from Origak usually come from much classier home lives."

"So they're snobs then," said Logan irritabily. "Big deal, let's just get out of here then."

"What's the matter, Logan? Afraid to stir up a bit of trouble with the upper class?" said Himitsu.

"What? Of course not, I just don't want to have to deal with their shit, is all," said Logan. "I hate people like that. People with a superiority complex. They piss me off."

Himitsu giggled. "Then why not mess them up a bit?"

"Because for once, I don't want to get expelled," answered Logan hotly. His own red-brown eyes flashed in warning.

"It doesn't look like we're going to have much of a choice," said Max. "They're almost here."

"Great," said Logan with a roll of his eyes. Himitsu just shrugged.

"Bring 'em on," said the ravenhaired girl.

"You obviously have no morals," said Logan annoyed.

"Hey, if it gives me something exciting to do, then I'm all over it," replied Himitsu simply as she cracked her knuckles looking at the two newcomers. "Besides, who gave them any right to strut their stuff on our school grounds?"

"Their upper classmen, they don't give a rat's ass who's turf they stamp on," said Logan in his usual irritated tone of voice.

"Then we best show them who they're messing with," said Kira.

I sighed. "This ought to be interesting.." I muttered just as the two newcomers approached us. And I could now make out more of their personal appearence, they looked almost identicle, except for one minor thing. One of them had black eyes that seemed to reflect no emotion, and no light, and the other's black eyes were dark and tempting. He looked at us as if he were staring into the very recesses of our souls. Both had black hair, and those same charcoal colored eyes, the only difference was one gave off an air of danger and superiority, and the other a much more hidden and mysterious one. Not to mention the second one was blind.

"Can we help you?" said Himitsu jumping the gun rearing for a fight.

The first male, the one who could see looked at her, and smirked. "Maybe, it depends on what you got to offer."

I already didn't like this new guy, he was hitting on Kira, and it got my blood to boil ever so slightly. "Back off," I snapped which caused all of my friends to look at me. Of all the people in our little group, I don't think that any of them had expected me to speak out so forcefully. However, the newcomer just looked at me, and smiled coolly, his eyes flickering dangerously.

"So it would seem that you aren't the only one with a little bit of flare," said the other male eyes looking over me, and towards Kira, and then back at me. He grinned maliciously, and Kira nearly lost her cool, she stepped up before me.

"If you know what's good for you, you'll stay away from her," snapped Kira, but the young man only found this all the more amusing.

"How noble of you," he smirked. "Friend protecting friend, not even knowing that the two of you are each other's worst enemy." His eyes flashed darkly in the sunlight. They were such a shade of charcoal that not even the smallest glint of sunlight could seem to penetrate them. Albeit, it was his twin that spoke up next, and his tone of voice was much more calming and gentle.

"Yami, enough," said the other male.

"Yami?!" said Kira eyes narrowing. "Darkness?"

"That would be what it means, yes," said the first newcomer now seen as being this Yami personage.

Max then stepped up, and approached the two newcomers. "And your name would be?"

"Mallos," replied the second young man.

"Well that's not very Japanesey sounding at all," said Kira. "And just what are you two? Twins?"

"Maternal twins, yes," answered Mallos softly.

"And yet you have names nearly on the complete opposite ends of the spectrum," said Kira.

"Yes, well, our mother and father couldn't settle decently on similar names," said Mallos. "So our mother named me, and our father named my brother."

"And what was your dad's name, Lucifer?" Kira rolled her eyes.

"Close," said Yami with a smirk, and Mallos flinched upon hearing his brother's words.

Before this conversation could go any further, I abruptly stepped in. "What do you want here? You're from Origak, right? So what would two upper classmen possibly have to do with middle class students such as us?" My sapphire blue eyes reflected skepticism. Yami looked like he was about to shoot some witty comeback at me, but Mallos interrupted.

"My brother's the track captain, and we came here with an invite for your own team. There's a tournament next week, and because your school ranked in the top ten at their last major tournament, Origak decided to invite them. So if you'd be so kind as you pass the message on? Oh, and here," he stepped forwards and handed Max a piece of paper. "That's the invitation, be sure to send it back within the next fourty-eight hours, if you will?"

"For a blind guy, he sees pretty well," whispered Kira, and Max hit her in the ribs.

"Can it."

"What?" exclaimed Kira. "I was just commenting.."

"There is a time and place for your 'comments' and it's not here," shot Max, looking down at the invitation that Mallos had handed her. She then looked back at the two young men. "So why send you? Why not a council member?"

"You-who, captain," said Yami with another cool smile. Max shot him a warning glance to which he just mock-pretended to be afraid trembling fakely, and smiling at her.

"Whatever," I said. "You delievered your message, now leave."

Mallos actually winced at the coldness in my tone of voice, and it was enough to almost make me regret saying anything, but then I looked at his twin, and my frosty-air returned. Sapphire blue eyes narrowing. Yami just chuckled at my command, and then mock bowed.

"As you wish," there was a strange gleam in his eyes that I didn't trust. But I met his gaze regardless, level and cold. He smirked at me, and then returned to his full height; both then turned and left with Yami casting over his shoulder with a dissmissive wave, "Be seeing you." He laughed and then they walked off.

Once they were well out of our sights, I dropped my demeanor. Which took most if not all of my strength to keep myself from doubling over. Rae reached out, and I leaned into him. "Sakuuya?" he asked. "Are you all right?"

"Sou," I said, "I'm just really tired."

Kira looked at me curiosly. "Are you sure you're going to be all right, Fox?"

I nodded. "I'll be fine, just standing up to those two took a lot more out of me than I think my body was willing to give," I chuckled softly.

"Yeah," said Kira, "I never thought that I'd see the day when you got that pissed off. You really are pretty strong when it comes to your friends, aren't you?"

"Sou," I answered, "they mean everything to me."

"Goolly.." said Kira softly, she shook her head. "I must say that I'm impressed, Fox. You really showed them who's boss."

"Not really," I said, "I just didn't want to see any bloodshed."

"In other words, you didn't want to see me beat their faces in," said Himitsu giggling.

"I guess not," I said feeding into her ego a bit. "I just didn't want to see anyone get hurt. Not to mention that picking a fight with Origak students you may as well be picking a fight with the town Mayor, or Represenative."

"Yeah, yeah, right," said Kira, "If you got money, you got power. I got it."

"A word to the wise," I said levelly.

"Yeah, yeah," said Kira again, but she was smiling this time. She then folded her arms behind her head, and looked towards the sky. "Whelp, it getting pretty late, we should probably all think of getting home..Plus, if I don't get that paper done for Mr..whats-his-face, my grades are going to suck." Though, she really didn't look too concerned. "Not that I care, but--" she shrugged. "Oh well, it gives me something to do."

"Don't forget that we're going to be getting ready at my house this weekend for the festival," said Max. "You could always think of ideas for that."

"Schoolwork, first," I interrupted, and everyone started laughing.

"Now there's the good 'ol Fox we all know, and love," said Kira brightly.

"Guys," I said, "knock it off."

They just kept laughing, each and everyone of them, and regardless of the fact it was at me, and my overachieving capablities, I had to smile beside myself. Though, it quickly died away as I glanced into the distant horizon, still unable to shake the image of the twins from my mind. Again, it was almost as if I somehow knew them, albeit, I honestly couldn't say how..Unless this really was the whole reincarnation thing that Himitsu had mentioned. Because, right now, with all that was going on, it was pretty hard not to believe it..

And I think that I best end in there. -Laughs lightly.- I think the post got a bit longer than I had anticipated, but I hope that it kept you interested anyways. -Smiles.- Take care, everyone. Oyasuminasai. ^n.n^

So here we are again. Not alone, but together as it should be..Alone together, and still waiting outside Destiny's door..

No comments: