Monday, July 24, 2006

Malevolent Structures 003: A Dark Descent

Currently Playing: Nightmare - Jashin To Bara

"I hear the clock of Destiny ticking time away. With secrets revealed we begin our dark descent."

Ne, so things have gotten a little bit hectic now. Now Kira knows about the secret that even I did not know until nearly the very last moment. And we both new secrets about Max and Jake, more-so Jake then Max, since nothing the spybot had to say about her was new. We knew all of that, or at least as much as he revealed we already knew. So this is where things begin to heat up, and I think we're reaching something close to the final confrontation with this whole thing, or maybe..maybe this is all but just the beginning.

I find it hard to believe that a bunch of loopy scientists, and researchers would pose as our main opponents in this bizarre war that just so happened to fall into our laps; or that was rather bestoed into our hands. All I know is that things are going to be tense for a while, and it is going to take a while before we can even begin to hope for things to get back to the normal peace we all once knew, and had. Although, it really wasn't normal to begin with..-Sweatdrops.- Anyways, okay so now I'm rambling, and that's not something any of you want to hear..So let's continue were we last left off..

Kira delivered her challenge in her last words to our oppressor. Kerana, managed then to take control from Youka, and her expression was one of shock, and surprise. Her pale gold eyes were wide, and clear; emotion capable of being plainly seen on her face. Though, the doctor didn't seem too surprised, or shocked at Kira's words, and rather actually appeared quite bemused, shall we say? He just looked at the ravenhaired girl with lecherous eyes, and Kerana absentmindedly reached out to grasp her own wrist. Keeping her gaze adverted in shame. Kira, however, glanced back at her.

"You know, I would never had expected a hikari to feel guilt-ridden," said my friend kindly, a small smile on her lips. "I mean, I guess I would expect them to feel ashamed for some things, since from my understanding a yami doesn't give a damn, but still.."

"Still what?" asked Kerana.

"I guess that it would make sense, after all."

"Because the only emotions that a yami feels are negative. More-so anger, and destructive emotions? Loathing?"

Kira shrugged. "Yeah, something like that."

My hikari didn't say much to that, and just nodded meekly. Before drawing her attention back towards our captor, who still seemed to remain as calm as ever. "So, what will you do now?" asked the scientist with a level tone of voice.

"Where are Jake and Max being held?" asked Kerana cautiously. She was choosing her words carefully, and implementing a tone unto her voice that hid her truest intentions. The hikari was making the scientist believe that he still pocessed the upper hand, and that there was nothing that they could do, even if he had decided to tell them the whereabouts of our friends. Though, that wasn't the case at all, in all actuality, the pale pink-haired girl had already planted a seed somewhere near the spybot. There, it waited until further direction, waiting to bloom, and to subvert our foe.

But was our foe oblivious to her contrivance? That was hard to tell, for he remained quite unresponsive to her question. Kira glanced at Kerana, and met her gaze before nodding, and then slipping to sit on the ground. She brought her knees to her chest and leisurely threw her arms atop them. "Well, it's not like we're going to be able to get out of here. So what harm could be done in disclosing their holding area(s)?" She was purposely playing dumb, to throw the machine off of any suspicions he may have had on the hikari.

The robot glanced between the two girls, and Kira was worried that maybe he might have caught onto something. Though, when he turned away from them, and the mechanical spider turned his back to his prisoners both girls gave soundless sighs of relief. The scientist was stroking his chin again in contemplation. "Aa, I suppose that it wouldn't hurt. Since, it is quite impossible that you could escape this holding cell. However.." there was a bitter pause, and Kira's heart raced again. "You did managed to overcome Yami's dark dome, now didn't you? And he was an original maker of these handy little--beneficiaries.."

"Youe know his name?!" said Kira surprised, and Kerana shot her a warning glance from across the way. "Oops.." My hikari slapped herself in the forehead, and just as the robot turned around to face the dark-haired girl, she waved her hand, and the seed erupted into a viney conception of plants. Which wrapped around the spybot, scrambling any distress signals, and silencing the doctor's speaker. With a triumphant look in her eyes, the ravenhaird girl leapt to her feet, and sauntered over to the once captor, as around her the dark dome began to ebb away. Placing her hand on her lips she leaned down leering at the robot.

"Now who holds the upper hand?" She smirked, and then transfigured a fireball in her hand. "How about this, you tell us their whereabouts anyways, and I might consider leaving this scrap heap of metal to your further studies? Since, well in all honesty, once we blow this popsicle stand, you're going to need at least something to work on, ne?" The hologram said nothing, and just looked at Kira with an expression akin to anger, surprise, and fear. "No? Well..all right then.." She prepared to attack, and the scientist held up his hands in surrender. Then the hologram changed revealing a map, and twin red Xs that must have been Jake and Max's holding cells. They weren't being kept together, but rather in separate holding cells, in nearly complete opposite ends of the facility.

Kira grinned maliciously at the robot, before saying to Kerana. "Did you convert that to memory, foxy?"

All my hikari did was nod softly, and then Kira's eyes flashed dangerously as she brought the orb of fire down. The attack collided head-on with the machine, and there was a minor explosion as the thing sporadically combusted. Sparks shooting into the air from a completely totaled automaton. Pulling her hand free of the melted alloy, she stepped back looking at Kerana. "Let's go."

As with a speed that only we could muster, we made our way through the research facility. From the upper floors into the lower, around corners, down hallways. Battling the badguys as we went, until we at long last came to the holding chamber that Kerana had converted to memory. As also, at this moment in time my main personality seemed to have reobtained control, and as I followed my friend through the floors to our other friend. I had to grimace every now and then at the percision of her strikes, and ever in they were right on the mark, and she missed, she would at least manage to injure the enemy at least in a minor sense. Though, it was the much more percise attacks that made my stomach queasy, and as such I tended to just dodge the guards as best as I could. And if I had to attack, my blows were simply, and not life threatening.

When we at long last reached the holding place, Kira took out the four watchmen guarding the area. And then hurried over to the cell, were her crimson eyes befell an exhausted Max. Her body again was marred with cuts, bruises, and what I presumed were injection sights. Albeit, when she saw us her emotionless eyes lit up, and she even managed a small smile as she leaned heavily against the wall of her cell. Kira was eyeing the cell, and trying to figure out the simplest, and quietest way to free her, but in the end settled on simple lockpicking. Once Max was freed, Himitsu rushed in to catch her as she nearly collapsed against the ground. I, on the other hand was looking at the computers, and converting their research to my photographic memory; or at least what remained of it now..

"Hey, Fox, mind if you give me a hand?" asked Kira breaking through my tranze of thought, and memorization. "Max won't be able to escape from here in this condition. Time to work your magick, fox-girl." Shaking my head, I turned around, and walked into the cell wrapping Max's other arm around my shoulders, and helping Himitsu help her onto one of the nearby chairs. An while I focused on healing her, Kira kept a watchful eye on the camera screens, and the door. At long last, though, Max was pretty much fully healed, and we prepared to make our exit. Well aware of the obstacle course that awaited us in our leave. Max, had picked up her twin daggers from one of the research tables, and twirled them in her hands, sheathing them.

Kira then looked up at one the surveilliance cameras, and saw all the watchmen. We all waited for a moment longer until they began to pile into the room, and then Himitsu glanced at each of us with a cool grin on her face. Her bloodred eyes sparkling in the irridesent light of the holding chamber. What happened next was kind of a blur, all I really remember was Max, and Kira leaping forwards at about the same time Max unseathing her blades, and then Kira, grinned mischieviously, and thrust her hands forewards creating a complete katana from shadow, but they had solidified enough that it looked like an actual blade, just--darker. I heard moans, and gasps of the guards as my two friends took them down, and then the three of us rushed through the door, continuing on our way threw the facility in search of Jake.

Though, when we came close enemies came at us from most every which-way. Max, and Kira attacked as best as they could, but they just kept coming. Until finally Max called out for us to retreat, Kira argued yelling "what about Jake?!"

"We'll have to come back! There's too many of them!" cried Max disdainfully. She didn't want to do this, but the scientists, and guards were beginning to leave us with no other alternative.

"Are you sure about this?!" called Kira.

"No, but I also know that we have no choice!" replied my other friend, and I felt my heart tighten. Which was probably me channeling her emotions. "Fox!!" yelled Max over the assault of gunfire, moans, groans, and the collision of bodies in hand-to-hand combat. "Do you think you can clear a way out for us?!"

I had no choice but to nod, although silently. As with what strength I could gain I shifted my foot back, and slowly turned on my heel, hand outstretched. The watchmen, and scientists behind me lunged, and tried to restrain me, but in doing so I had manage to shoot a streamer of green at them. The plant cut through my attackers, shoving them aside, and leaving them to nursing their wounds. "This way!" I called. "Hurry!!" My two friends turned on their heels, and sprinted after me as we made haste. Running, and running. Running and attacking, and then running some more, until we at long last broke through the last barrier of people, and burst out into the open courtyard of them facility.

We stopped momentarily to catch our breath, and then Kira asked. "Which way now?"

Max pointed to the southeast. "That way."

Behind us, we could hear shouts, and more gunfire. Which was more than enough of an incentive to get us running again, and we kept running until we were far, far away from that awful place. We kept running until we came to the cemetary where we all collapsed. Max bowed her head placing her hands on her knees, and Kira's chest was rising and falling rapidly. Every one of us were covered in sweat, and in Max, and Kira's case minor cases of blood and splattered sedation fluid. After we took a few moments to rest up, we finally were able to sit down and talk. Kira approached Max on the issues concerning Jake, and his--strange heritage, and then my run-in with Markus got brought up, which shocked Max, but at the time of it's revelation, Kerana had taken control to verify an questions that Max, or Kira might have had.

Max, didn't know much about Jake's heritage, but she did admit that she knew that he was a genticially enhanced human-being, similar, but yet not the same as her. So the two talked about that for a while, while I just kind of sat off to the side of the shrine. We had decided to take our conversation inside the edifice, just in case someone was passing by, and overheard. Every now, and then though, Kira would bring up my assailant Markus, and then she'd break out into some outburst of another on how she was going to kill the bastard. Kerana just listened quietly, not saying much.

Finally it got late enough, and all of especially Kira's unspent energy was spent; we laid down, and went to sleep. My dreams that night, though, were those of dark sentiment that warped easily into nightmares so I wasn't able to keep control. And again Kerana took care of the matter, helping to ease my body into sleep, and burying anything that I might have learned about the rape, or the fact that this was MPD. She didn't care so much for the medical part of things; meaning with her and Youka, I was allowed to keep my memories of them, but of anything else that I may, or may not have known/learned Kerana sealed away. Her, and Youka got into it that night, an argument taking place somewhere inside my weary subconsciousment. But I was so lost to sleep, and sheer exhaustion that I wasn't even aware of their--disagreement..

Welcome to my life. A place, where darkness dances with the light..

No comments: