Saturday, July 8, 2006

Return To Twilight 003

Currently Playing: Garnet Crow - Mysterious Eyes

-Stretches yawning.- Wow, I'm so glad that today is a weekend, because I am so wiped out right now. This week it seems just be one test after another, after another. Not to mention that since I didn't get hardly any sleep the previous two nights, it's a miracle how I was ever able to get through my exams this week. -Laughs lightly.- Well, I suppose that it wouldn't be that hard for me, if there is one thing that I'd have to thank my otousan for, it was for my smarts. Just kidding, actually, I'm sure that if I were asked to talk about one thing that my father ever did for, or gave to me, it would take me longer than that to come up with something. And it would probably be poetic and flowery, and all that good stuff. vn.nv;

Anyhow so today is a Saturday, which means a break for me. I've just been so bogged down as of late, I really think that it's just these silly sleep disorders getting to me. I suppose, though, that in truth they seem to have ceased considerably since my meeting with Himitsu. I don't know what they were all about, but it's possible, I suppose that she had been right about the whole reincarnation thing. -Yawns again.- Though, don't quote me on that, I still am not one hundred percent convinced, though it is possible. Maybe..

Anyways, so yesterday went over pretty well. I was able to introduce Kira to Max, Jake, Ace, and Rae yesterday in school. However, it was a bit of a challenge since we all only had a select few classes together. Thank Inari for Study Hall! ^n.n^; Because of that I was able to introduce the newcomer to my little group of friends. Max, is a girl about my age, maybe a few months older who has shoulder-length black hair that is layered to her chin, and violet eyes. Her boyfriend Jake, has short semi-messy brunette hair with brown eyes. Sou, I think that those two have been together since Max started school here, which was some years ago now that I think of it.

Then there is Ace, who's a year older and a bit of troublemaker, and let's not forget pervert. v-.-v Him, and Kira started at it when they first met, because he was flirting with her, and teasing me, and she finally said enough and socked him one. -Sweatdrops.- That girl certainly has a temper..As for Logan, not much is known about him, he had actually been skipping classes lately, but just so happened to be tending his afternoon classes that day, and so was able to meet Kira. Logan has short orangeish-red hair, and red eyes. Kind of a cool, and distant personality, which I think probably stems from maybe some trauma, or abandoment issues he had as a kid. Albeit, I honestly don't know. vn.nv;;

And then Rae, well you all know who he is. He's a boy of my age with toustled brown hair, that has a faint tint of red to it, and blue-green eyes. He can be a bit naieve at times, but he's a real sweet guy. Honestly. And iie, that is not be swooning over him..v-.-v We've been best friends since childhood, and when my parents passed away his family took me in. But this..has already all be recollected in my first post. -Laughs lightly.- So no need for repeats. As to those of you who don't recall..v-.-v Read the first post, you slackers. vn.nv;; Just kidding.

Ahem..anyhow. Sou ka, yesterday went over pretty well if you uninclude the exams in my History, and Sociology classes. -Sweatdrops.- I can sometimes get a bit tedious when it comes around times for tests, usually because I'm a really good student, and I hate to fail. I really don't mean to be a bitch then, but it just tends to sometimes happen. And I am really sorry about it! Honestly.

Though, a part from that, everything went over really well, and I was glad. For once in my life I finally felt complete, more than I ever had before. I can't really say what was the cause, but I think that it might have had something to do with how all my friends got together which was something we hadn't done in a while. Well, I mean, Jake and Max, Rae, Logan, Ace, and I have all gotten together usually on weekends and went to the park, or to some typical teenage hang-out. But now that Kira had joined that picture, everyting just felt--right. Again, I don't know how to describe it.

But anyways, so that was a definite change of pace for many of us, and actually once I introduced Kira to everyone, Max suggested that today we should all go to Rock Gardens. That was one of the usual areas that you'd find teenagers around, if not there then the park, or some of the minor clubs that were around. Albeit, today was such a beautiful day that I honestly couldn't see how anyone would want to be inside. So I was all up for our trip the gardens, and not just me, but a lot of our other friends too. So that was where we were at today.

There was a gentle breeze blowing, and the sun was shining. This was perhaps one of our much more warmer days. The previous ones had been a bit less likeable so to speak. vn.nv; But anyhow..While we were at the gardens everyone got to know one another better. And we sat on benches eating picnic lunches, lemonade, and soda. I brought some cookies for dessert which were probably gone faster than anything else. -Laughs lightly.- But that was fine by me, I really didn't mind, it was just nice to have everyone together as it were.

Albeit, just as we finished up our picnic lunch, Max suddenly brought up the Fall Festival. Which was going to be held next weekend here at the gardens, and she asked if everyone was going to go to. Which, we all were, even Kira who really hadn't had much experience with such festivities said she'd give a try. Max clapped her hands together then saying that we should all go over to her foster parents' home, and get ready there. Kira cast a shifty glance at her.

"Someone's anxious," muttered Logan. Max just told him to hush up, to which he looked like he was going to say something to, but thought better of it. "Hn," he said, and then looked back out across the way at the waterfall. I looked between the two, and then saw that Himitsu was looking at him expectingly her crimson eyes sparkling in the sunlight. And I had to chuckle beside myself, it was apparent that she was starting to like him. I just glanced at them smiling softly.

"So," said Max breaking the momentary silence. "What do you think? Preparations at my place?" Her own violet eyes twinkled michievously in the light.

I just shrugged. "That's fine with me."

"Doesn't matter to me," said Kira grinning. "Could be fun. As long as I get to put the make-up on the guys!"

"What?!" asked Ace surprised by her sudden resolve. "Oh hell no, you are not putting that crap on my face."

Kira's eyes flashed playfully in the light. "Aww, why not? Make-up might do you some good."

"What's that suppose ta mean?" asked Ace.

Himitsu giggled. "You definitely aren't any Venus to Milo."

"Are you sayin that I'm not attractive?"

"Mm..well, that could work to," said the ravenhaired girl giggling.

"Excuse me?!"

To that everyone just burst into a fit of laughter. Ace looked so frazzled, and Himitsu was reveling in every ounce of his fustration. The blond glanced at each of us in-turn.

"And none of you are going to help." He was being serious, and yet at the same time there was a strange bemusement in his tone of voice. Ace stared especially at the other four guys. "And you expect me to believe you'll let her doll us up?"

"Ace," said Jake. "She's playing with you, I really don't think she means it.." He looked at Kira who shrugged, which only caused Max to laugh all the much harder.

"I think she means it, Jake," said Max laughing.

"Really?" asked the brunette glancing once more in the direction of Kira.

"Well,"said the girl in sing-song tone of voice. "You aren't too bad looking, but Ace..he could use some work." She laughed lightly.

"You have got to be kidding me," said Ace.

Logan looked at him from across the way. "Kira, no amount of make-up is going to fix up that mug." He was looking Ace's face up and down.

"Isn't anyone goin to side with me?" asked the blond.

"I take it that's a no," said Kira laughing. "So what do you say Max? I'll come if I can play dress-up with Ace."

"Then I'm not goin!" cried Ace indignantly.

"Party-pooper," said Kira with a mischievous gleam in her eyes.

"I am not going to let you dress me up like some--fairy tale prince," said the blond.

Kira held a finger to her lips. "Well, I was thinking more princess, but a prince might work.."

"Kira!!" cried Ace, and the raven-haired girl burst out laughing.

"Wow, Ace, did I realy rile you up that bad?" she smiled at him. "Oh, okay then. You've suffered enough, I was just kidding anyways.."

Ace looked at her, his light-blue eyes violent. "You were--what?!"

"Teasing," said Kira nonchalantly.

"How can I trust you after a display like that?"

She shrugged.

"You can't," she said laughing lightly.

Ace slapped himself in the forehead. "Ye gods!"

The group burst out laughing once again.

"So then I guess that this means, that you're just going to have to come next weekend, and find out, " said Himitsu, a playful twinkle in her crimson eyes. Ace was silent as he looked at her. Rae laughed even harder.

"Don't worry, Ace, I'll protect you," said my foster brother in a soft, but teasing tone of voice.

"You'll be doin what?" asked the blond as he put Rae in a head-lock, but he just laughed.

"Hey, c'mon, let me out," said Rae trying to find a level tone of voice, but having difficulties because he was still laughing.

"Oh yeah, sure. I'll do that," said Ace. "Now, who'll be protecting who?"

Rae continued laughing. "Okay, okay, I get it. You don't need anyone to protect you."

Even I was finding it hard to keep my voice low with my own soft laughter as I just watched the event. However, I managed to get myself under control long enough to snap a picture of the two. Next to writing, photography was one of my favoite hobbies, and it was hard to pass up such a funny sight. After I finished up with a couple more pictures of everyone, I let the camera fall back against my chest. I tended to wear it on a black strape wound about my neck, and so the object hung to just before my mid-chest.

"Sakuuya!" cried Rae after hearing the last click. "Put that thing away!"

I just chuckled. "I did, Rae, it's all gone."

"Thank Kami," said my foster sibling with an airy sigh of relief. However, he looked up at Ace, who still held him in a head-lock. "So..are you going to let me go, or not?"

Ace looked down at the smaller boy, acting as if he had almost forgotten that he was there. "Oh yeah, sure." He then relinquished the other, and Rae returned to his full height.

"Thanks," said Rae.

I took another picture, and he spun to face me, but I just smiled at him. Holding out my hands, and giving him an expression of 'what? It wasn't me.' And he raised an eyebrow at me, and then I couldn't control myself anymore, and I burst out laughing.

"Gomen ne, Rae." Though I suddenly let out a startled gasp, as I felt someone scoop me up off my feet. Surprised I threw my arms around him. "Ace!" I cried. "Put me down!" But my friend just chuckled.

"No, let's play keep away."

"Nani?!" I asked. He just grinned at me, and then looked at Rae.

"Come on prince charming, save your beloved princess," said Ace, and Rae's face flushed.

"Ace," said Rae, his face a bright pink color.

"I have a better idea," said Kira suddenly piquing up. "Dog pile!" And she threw herself forwards, wrapping her arms around Ace from behind dragging him to the ground. I closed my eyes and braced myself for the fall. Ace was suddenly on the ground with Kira pinning him, and I was sitting in his lap.

"You're both so immature," said Logan quietly.

"Oh, don't be such a sour-puss," said Kira, as she leapt up, and then pounced Logan, and both fell onto the ground, with Kira atop Logan, and she was looking down at him, smiling. Her long black hair, fell around her form, a few strands splaying themselves across Logan, brushing his face. He just looked back with a cold gaze.

"Aww..come on, it's not that bad is it?" said Kira softly as she was looking down at him, she leaned closer to the boy, close enough that I thought she might just kiss him. Logan, I think thought the same thing and blushed. Sou, Logan blushed. Of all the people I knew, he was the last I expected to do something so emotional, and I had to laugh a little. However, Kira just teased him enough, got him to blush, and instead of kissing him she just patted him on the cheek.

"Better luck, next time, lover boy," said Kira playfully, as she leapt up. She winked, and blew him a playful kiss. As beneath me I felt Ace get into a sitting position, and he wrapped his arms around my waist. I blushed, and then shoved him away.

"You hentai," I said, standing, but Ace just started laughing.

"Well, I got the reaction I was hoping for anyways," he said.

"And what reaction would that be?" I asked just as Rae stepped up beside me asking if I were okay. He was still a little pink in the face, but I didn't take much note of it.

"That," grinned Ace pointing at the two of us.

I glanced between Ace, and Rae a bit perplexed, but then I just shook my head, and threw one of the pinic baskets agains his chest. He gave a startled 'oof' and then continue chuckling.
Max and Jake were just watching all of us, enjoying themselves, but yet not completely understanding what was going on. Jake went to ask something, but was stopped by Max who said he could talk about that later, and then leaned into him, until they also fell onto the ground caught in a faint make-out session. I took my camera out again, ignoring Ace, and took a couple of quick pictures before then looking towards the horizon. So much time had already passed, and the sun was now slowly begining its descent into the horizon. I then looked at my watch, it was around four thirty-five o' clock.


"Wow," I said, "it's gotten late."

Kira also looked towards the setting sun. "Oh yeah, wow. What's the time?"

Max pulled herself away from Jake long enough to say, "Around five." She then sat up, and Jake pulled away from her completely. "We should probably think of picking up."

"Nah," said Kira. "Give it a couple more hours."

Max shrugged. "Okay then," and then she smiled coyly at Jake pulling him into another kiss.

"I can't believe you guys do that sort of thing in public," said Logan more so irritated then anything else.

"Aw, is someone jealous?" asked Kira giggling again.

"No," said Logan simply. "I just don't like being seen with kissing couples."

Himitsu laughed. "I think that their doing a bit more than kissing."

"Shut up," said Logan, and Kira just chuckled. But then her eyes brightened again.

"Oh!" she snapped her fingers. "I have an idea, lets go back to my place. We can watch some movies, and have popcorn."

"Just so long as it's not a sleep-over," said Logan, and Kira stuck out her tongue at him. "That was childish.."

"Shut up," said Kira.

I chuckled softly, looking over from where I stood just a bit away from the group now. "Sure, sounds like fun to me. Oh, but what about your otousan?"

"Oh him?" said Kira dismissing the comment. "Pish, he's probably out with one of the girls from the bar knowing him."

"He a soldier?" asked Ace now walking back over to rejoin our little group.

"Uh--yeah, I told you guys that yesterday remember?" she laughed. "Someone wasn't listening."

"I was too," said Ace defensively. "I just didn't remember that part."

"Yeah, well you would have heard that if you had been listening now wouldn't you?" said Kira smiling plausibly at him. Ace just glanced to the side.

"You really should learn how to pick your fights," said Jake. Max and him had now finished their make-out session, and he stood up walking over to Ace.

"Well yeah, but she doesn't play fair, either," complained the blond, and Jake laughed.

"That classifies as picking your fights, Ace."

"Well, excuse moi."

Jake just laughed again as Max walked up, and he wraped his arms around her waist, nuzzling the side of her neck a bit. She looked over at him with a sparkle in her eyes, and then held a finger to his lips.

"Hey, hey, you two, behave yourselves," said Ace.

"Do we ever?" asked Max eyes sparkling in the setting sun's light.

"No.." pause Ace. "But it's never too late to start!"

I chuckled softly into my hand. "Ace, give it a rest, will you? You aren't going to win that argument either." My friend then looked at me, and his eyes twinkled. I looked back at him. "Hm? Matte..I know where this is going.." I went to take a step back, but he had already managed to catch me, and he scooped me up in his arms again, swinging me around.

"But I can win this one," teased Ace.

I hit him lightly in the face. "Baka.."

Ace then set me back on the ground, and I brushed myself off.

"So it's settled then, movie and popcorn at my place!" said Kira triumphantly as she went around and picked up our picnic baskets and leftovers, and whatever else there was. She handed one to me, and the other to Rae, grinning. "Let's get going then."

"H--hey, wait a minute," said Rae a bit taken aback. "When did we all agree to this?"

"Just now," said Kira looking over her shoulder, she winked, and I heard Max and Jake both chuckle behind us.

"I guess that means that we don't have a choice," said Max. "This'll be interesting."

"Yeah, you got that right," muttered Logan darkly at her side. He looked after Kira as if he were brooding, and then stuffed his hands into his pockets. Max just chuckled, leaning into Jake.

"Someone's got a crush," she teased.

"Pfft, yeah right. Me liking her? Not happening," said Logan.

Max laughed. "Your defense proves it."

"My--what?"

But Max didn't say anyting, and instead bound off after Kira, holding Jake's hand as the two followed after her.

"Max!" yelled Logan.

I just smiled walking up to him. "Kira really isn't all that bad, a bit childish at times. But she's really a lot of fun, as was plainly seen earlier," I said kindly.

"She's irritating!" shot Logan, and I just smiled.

"Maybe that's what draws you to her."

Logan looked like he was going to protest, but instead just tapped me upside my head, and then followed after Ace and the others. Rae walked over to me.

"Are you all right?"

"Sou," I said, "things are just going to be pretty interesting from here on out."

I followed after the other with an analyical gaze. While Rae just stood at my side, and cocked his head.

"Hm, well all right then. If you say so," said the boy shifting the basket in his arms.

"Mhm, I do," I said turning and smiling at him. "Come on, let's go," I tipped my head in the general direction of the others, as a few minutes later all seven of us were disbursting from the gardens heading north towards Himitsu's house.

As with that I think that I am going to call it quits for the night. Oyasuminasai, minna. K'yotseke.

So here we are again, not alone, but together..Together and waiting outside Destiny's door.

No comments: