Tuesday, July 18, 2006

Whispers 001

Currently Playing: L'Arc en ciel - Lost Heaven

Okay, so it's Tuesday which means that classes are back in session. Though, not much ever happens excitement-wise in school, and is that just me or do you all see it too? I mean the only excitement that happened, I guess was the fact that one of my aquaintances in student council finally got together with the guy she had been crushing on for the past two years. For which I am very happy for her, but talking about that will turn this journal into your typical teenage journal, and trust me, I am not your typical average teen. And if you haven't figured that out yet, then wow--you must be taking forever to read the previous posts, either that, or well--heh, you're life is ever more bizarre than mine!

I mean, come on. I'm a half angel, half fox demon. I might look normal enough, except for the fact that I was born and raised in Nihon. Though, instead of the usual black hair, and brown or black eyes, I have reddish-brown hair, and navy blue eyes. Does that seem normal to you? Albeit..if you're life is even crazier than mine, I suppose you'd be the only exception. Though, seriously? Not trying to give into my occasion superiority complex, but honestly, I think that I am as non-average a teenager as they come by. -Sweatdrops.- Albeit, right now all I'm doing is rambling. Gomen ne. vn.nv;; Moving on!

Ne, so alright, our venture to the Origak Tournament finals wasn't the greatest time any one of us had ever had. Kira, and Logan still were bickering even on our way home later that evening. Max thought we could cool them off by going out for ice cream, though, we found that at least for Kira that was a very. bad . idea. vn.nv;; I can't fully put my finger on it, but I guess that cold things don't sit too well with Himitsu. After we finished eating our ice cream, she kind of took on the personage of a drunk. That was really weird, I have never known anyone to get drunk off of ice cream. I mean, when I was little, I remembered my otousan talking about fire youkais, and the effects that cold things had on them. But then..did that mean that Kira was a fire demon, or at least 'part' one? That was weird. I decided then that I'd ask her about it later on, when and if there was time.

Though, I guess something that I should be thankful for, was that we didn't run into Yami, Mallos, or Markus again that day. Nor did I even catch a fleeting glimpse of Stephen. So once we left Origak's arena everything kind of seemed to go back to plain old, boring usual. vn.nv;; Well, at least as normal as life can get with someone like me. I'm just thankful that Rae, his parents, and my friends don't know what kind of secrets that I harbor within. Since, I'm sure that if they did, not only would I have a lot of explaining to do, but they might see me as a freak, or worse..Though, I really don't want to think about that. So anyhow..

There really wasn't too much that went on today, pretty much same old same old. I went to school with Rae, and everyone else. Did my homework, and the likes, and then went to the park for a little bit with Kira, and the others. Most of which was spent on us trying to stop Logan, and Kira from arguing, or from them creating WWIII in our neighborhood park. I swear the way those two argue, it would be hard for even a deaf guy to not know that they like each other! Well, okay, so maybe deaf is going a little bit overboard, though..Maybe not. vn.nv;; The deaf can see, after all, and the blind can hear. So I think that Himitsu and Logan are pretty much screwed on them trying to hide the fact that they don't like each other. Especially after that display at the Fall Festival. -Laughs lightly.- I can't believe they even try to deny it after such a scene played out.

Of course, though, if I brought that up with Kira, she'd freak out on me. That, or she'd give me a hard time about Rae, and I. So it wasn't very well advised for me to tease her about such means, unless I was willing to put up with her retailiation. vn.nv;; Anyways..so like I said, there really isn't a whole lot to talk about in relation to the day. Things really didn't get--well, messed up until much later. Like, when Kira let herself into Rae's ryooshin's home in the dead of night, while everyone was sleeping. I was just lucky that I wasn't having another one of my episodes in which I couldn't sleep, and as such Rae would come into my room, and go to sleep with me. I mean, we were technically just brother, and sister, not even that, more like friends living together. Though, I wouldn't have put it past Kira to take that out of context, and run with it. So thankfully, Rae wasn't in my room when she came in later that night.

I was sound asleep when she woke me, and it took all her might, and my own to stop myself from screaming. I mean, seriously, waking up and seeing nothing but a pair of bright crimson eyes, and black flowing hair, I think would be enough to freak most anyone out. If not give them a heart attack first; and she definitely jump-started my heart with her late-night entry. She crept into my room, in the dead of night, and I awoke with a fright. When I at long last got myself under control I shot her a warning glance.

"Himitsu, what are you doing here?" I asked in a forceful whisper, my breathing still quick
.
"Well that's a fine how-do-you-do," muttered Kira irritably, but she quickly shook it off. "Fox, it's Max."


"What about her?"

"Something's happened."

"What do you mean 'something's happened'?" I asked both irritated, and suddenly frightful.

"Well, you see, I was out for my usual late night walk," began Kira, "and I happened to stumble upon Max's house. And I saw five people there, four men, and a women; they were dressed in black, and it was apparent that they had broken in."

"Well then shouldn't the police have been alarmed?" I asked skeptically.

"They were taking Max out of her house on a stretcher, into an ambulance."

"An ambulance? What do you mean by that?"

"Exactly as I said," said Kira hurriedly. "Those strange people where taking her away in a ambulance."

"Kira, she probably had a seizure attack, or something," I explained. "Have you tried talking to her parents?"

"They weren't home," answered Himitsu.

"What?" I asked baffled. "Then who called the ambulance?"

"I don't know. That's just it," said Kira. "I don't think they were actual doctors and nurses. And I don't think that that was any ordinary ambulance."

"What are you saying?" I asked. "That Max was abducted from her own home, in the dead of night?"

"Yes," said Himitsu desperately. She reached out and grabbed my hand. "That's exactly it."

"Are you sure that you aren't speculating?" I asked my eyes level.

"You think that I'm making this up?!" cried Himitsu louder than we both expected. Hastily I reached out to cover her mouth, and then quickly glanced into the hallway through my partially cracked door. Not seeing anyone, I let out a sigh of relief, and then leapt up from my bed, rushing over to close the door. I leaned heavily against it.

"I didn't say that I thought you were making this up," I said voice low.

Himitsu folded her arms across her chest. "Certainly sounded like it."

I sighed. "Himitsu, listen. If you know for a fact that she was abducted, then you should tell her parents."

"Why bother? They'll find out in the morning," said Kira arrogantly.

"Kira!" My whisper grew harsher.

"Fox," said Kira looking me in the eye. "Why can't we go look for ourselves?"

I leaned back against my bed. "So you don't know if what you saw was true or not?"

"I can't be for a certain what my eyes saw, but I know what I felt," snapped Kira. "And I know those people were up to no good."

"And you want us to tromp after them, at a quarter to two in the morning?" I asked.

Kira shrugged. "I have a pretty good idea where they were headed."

"Sou," I said, "a hospital."

"Fox, please," said Kira. "Can't you trust me just this once? Something's up, and it involves Max!"

Another sigh slipped past my lips as I placed a hand against my forehead. "What direction where they heading?"

"Is that a yes? That you'll come with?"

"I never agreed to any of that," I said. "I just want to know in what direction they were heading."

Kira slumped back against end of my bed, and blew a piece of hair out of her eyes. "They were heading northwest."

I did a doubletake. "There aren't any hospitals in that area."

"But there's an science institution," Kira's eyes sparkled in the moonlight.

"What does that institution have to do with Max?" I asked.

"Boy, you are really off, Fox," said Kira.

"Excuse me?" I asked, and Kira chuckled.

"I thought that you would have been the first to figure it all out. But I guess that I beat you."

"Nani?"

Another chuckle. "Fox, did it ever cross your mind that Max wasn't just any normal human being? She has no memories past the age of six."

"Point being what?" I asked indignantly as I folded my own arms across my chest. "You didn't appear to be just your typical average teenager, either. So what?" I asked.

"Right, suspect me first," grumbled Kira, but she smiled regardless. I just shrugged.

"What do you think it is, then? That place hasn't been in business for years."

"Yeah, once the government found out what was going on there. They closed it, right?"

"They were experimenting with human and animal DNA," I said with another shrug. "Everyone knows that."

"Which was a mega no-no with the gov, right?"

"Excuse me?" I said, but Kira just shook her head.

"That doesn't matter, anyways. The point is the experiments were found out, and they canned the suckers."

"Hypothetically speaking, yes," I answered nodding. Kira looked at me like she was expecting something more. "Nani?"

Kira groaned. "Argh, c'mon, Fox. Use that big brain of your's. This is elementary compared to some of the stuff you know, and study."

I suddenly looked at her with a startled, but suddenly cooling gaze. "And how would you have managed to gain information on that? What have you been up to, Kira?"

"What? The fact that I know that you're a genius? Hello, you're scores are off the charts."

I shook my head. "Iie, not that. About Max."

Kira's eyes lit up. "Ah, so you got it!"

"I'm not saying that I have anything, it's just an hunch," I said.

Kira grinned. "Well, we'll know more when we get there, won't we?" She then grabbed my arms, and pulled me out of bed. I was surprised at her strength, but then again, I'm not much of a fighter myself. People always said that my fights looked like dances, and that it was hard to tell when I was debating whether to do the waltz, or actually want to send someone off into never-never land. -Sweatdrops.- I'm not a violent person, Rae just took me to his kendo classes a few times, and then Ono-sensei would tease me until I faught at least one of his students. He'd tell Rae, that if he's going to be bringing someone there that they may as well fight. I'll tell you one thing, the first time that I happened I was so scared, I totally thought that the other students were going to crush me. But once I got onto the floor, with the kendo-stick in hand, things almost came second nature to me. Which, was probably another one of those lovely little surprises that my father left for me. vx.xv But anyhow, so now on a couple of weekends per month I go to class with Rae, and pratice. Everyone's always so happy to see me. -Laughs lightly.- Though, I have to wonder why.

Anyhow, that was getting off topic. Gomen ne. vn.nv; Back to what was going on before that little detour..-Chuckles softly.- Now completely dragged out of my bed, I glanced at Kira with faint annoyance. "Someone's rather anxious."

"Well, aren't you? I mean we get to learn more about Max, and find out what kind of secrets she's harboring." Kira giggled.

"Ne," I said, "because you and I don't have enough as it is."

"That was sacrasm, right?" asked Kira hesitantly, and I shrugged throwing off my pajama top and reaching into my closet to withdraw a green t-shirt, and a pair of brown pants. "Well," I said with a playful smile on my lips. "I guess we'll find out, eventually." I quickly changed out of my clothes framing Kira's expression plainly in my mind. She looked somewhere between surprise and expectation, but wasn't exactly sure what to make of situation. I just raised my eyes at her, before reaching over and grabbing a brush on my dresser, and brushing out my hair, before pulling it back into my usual low-ponytail. Kira just crossed her arms across her chest again.
"Are you done yet?" she asked though she was teasing me about how long it was taking me to get changed.


"Well, that's certainly a whole helluva lot coming from the girl who woke me up in the dead of night, to go and snoop around some facility for science that's been closed for years," I said in return to her outburst. And Kira looked taken aback, but she just smiled secretly, and shook her head at me. I tightened my belt and buckled it, and then smacked my hands against my thighs. "There, all done."

Kira chuckled as she shook her head again. "You're a handful alright."

"So are you," I said looking over my shoulder at her from where I stood by the door picking up my shoes. I then walked over to my window, and unlocked it. Throwing it open and letting in the chilly night air. "Let's just go already."

"Now who's the curious one, Fox?" she smirked triumphantly. I just kicked one of my pillows at her, before clammering up onto the sill, and slipping on my shoes. Kira dodged the pillow laughing lightly. "Alright, alright already." She then followed me out my window. I held out my hand to help her down, but she just smiled at me, and leapt down. Shaking my head I crawled back up to reach over and close the window, and then hopped back down, landing beside Himitsu.

"I can't belive I let you talk me into this," I said with a heavy sigh glancing towards Reginald's Research Facility.

Kira looked at me, and huffed. "And you mean to tell me that you aren't one bit curious, foxy?" She raised an eyebrow at me. I looked back at her.

"I just hope we don't get caught," I said.

"C'mon. What's the worst that could happen?" asked Kira shrugging.

"I don't know, we could get caught by the police or worse," I said. "We could--"

"Alright, alright I get it," said Kira in a whisper. "You're a worry-wart."

"Nani?" I said. "I am not!"

Kira laughed. "That look tells me otherwise."

"Damare," I said. "Let's just get this over with."

"Aw, don't be so melodramatic, Fox!" said Kira happily. "Just think of it as--an adventure, or an observational study." I looked at her on the verge or rolling my eyes.

"You purposely added that last part."

"How-so?"

"We're going to a research facility," I said placing my hands on my hips.

"Yeah, and so?" said Kira smiling. I just shook my head at her, but it was hard not to smile. She looked back at me, and saw the expression before then reaching out, and grabbing my arm. "Let's go." She laughed and then half-tugged me to the facility, eventually she let go, though, for which I was thankful.

As we came upon Reginald's, we stopped just outside the gates, and Kira looked up. There was light in one of the research windows, which she pointed out me with a triumphant grin. She then tugged on my sleeve, and we hurried around back, where she picklocked one of the back gates, and we slipped inside.

"This is crazy," I said softly.

"Yeah, but it's a great adrenaline rush," said Kira eyes sparkling once more in the moonlight.

"You're nuts," I shook my head at her.

"I know, but you followed me," she looked over her shoulder and grinned at me. I just looked away, and towards the edifice. The place was huge, and well-built. There were grey walls on the outside, surrounding the place, and at the very top there was a glass roof. I drew in a couple of heavy breaths as I observed our surroudings, and took into account the grandeur of the research facility. What were we thinking? This was madness to try and break into a place like this, even if it had been deserted for years. A bright flash of light brought my gaze back to the building, and then to Kira's hand signal, I quickly followed after her. At the entrance she pick-locked that opening, and then slowly eased it open. She looked at me, and smiled in the moonlight, and then signaled for me to go through first.

"Oh hell no," I said. "You go first, this was your brilliant idea."

Kira shrugged. "Have it your way then," and she stepped through, and into the building.

I paused, and looked back up towards the top of the building, then tore my gaze away shaking my head. As with a quiet sigh I voice, "Kami-sama, what was I thinking?" and then followed Kira through the door, and inside the building.

And I think that I am going to call it quits for the night. I know, I know, a cliffhanger. Bad kitsune, bad. -Laughs lightly.- Gomen ne, but I told you that I want to try and keep you interested. I promise to get the next part up as soon as I have the time. Till then. K'yotseke, minna. Oyasuminasai.

So tell me what do do now, now that the secrets are being brought to life from the shadows.. Things are changing, something's happening..What it is, I don't know..I have my guesses. So..how about you?

No comments: