Sunday, July 16, 2006

Cruel Intentions 003

Currently Playing: Nightwish - Amaranth

I didn't sleep so well last night, my earlier dreams had returned to plague me. So I was tossing, and turning a lot both in sleep, and waking. I tried to put on some classical music to soothe my mind, and when that didn't work, I finally sat up in bed, and turned the bedside night lamp on, and read for a while. Rae, apparently had been on his way from the rest room, or something, because he bypassed my room, and then stopped peeking in. He gently pushed the door opened, and glanced at me.

"Sakuuya?" he asked.

"Mm?" I said.

"Why are you up at this time of night? Do you know what time it is?" asked my foster sibling. "It's nearly four in the morning."

I closed my book with a soft sigh, and leaned my head back against my pillows. "Gomen ne, Rae, I'm just having a little bit of trouble sleeping right now."

"Too much energy left to be spent?" teased the brunette softly.

I shook my head, my eyes soft. "I wish."

"Is it the dreams?"

I just nodded, and then Rae pushed the door opened a bit further. "Well, if you like you can come into my room and sleep," he smiled softly at me. "We use to do it all the time when we were little."

"Hai," I said quietly, glancing across my room. "I remember."

"Would you like me to spend the night in here, instead?"

My gaze was then directed back towards the young boy, and I finally nodded. "Aa, I would like that.."

Rae just smiled at me, before closing the door, and then he walked over. I shifted closer to my window to give him some room, and he slipped into my bed beside me. He laid his head down; he looked so tired but that was probably due to the fact that he was only half awake right now. vn.nv;; Anyhow, so I nestled in against him, and Rae then wrapped an arm protectively, and lovingly around me, holding me close as I was finally eased back into slumber at just the sight of his beautiful face. I nuzzled him ever so slightly before softly whispering, "I love you."

Rae, though, just smiled softly at me again. Hugging me reassuringly. "I love you too, Sakuuya."

As with that we both then fell into a deep slumber.


Rae awoke earlier than I did the following morning, and actually had been asked by his mother to go and wake me up. Once I had fallen asleep last night, I hadn't woken since then. So Rae nodded to his mother, and then ran up the steps to the second floor where the bedrooms all were. He knocked softly on my door, and when there came no reply, he slowly and very gently pushed open the door. I was still sound asleep in my bed. Chuckling softly my foster brother made his way across the room, and then sat down on the bed beside me, gently shaking me awake.

I opened my eyes slowly glancing about. I blinked a couple of times, and then Rae's face swam into view. "Oh, ohayo gozaimasu," I said sleepily. Rae chuckled again.

"Ohayo. Mother and father asked me to come and wake you up."

I nodded, and then looked at my bedside clock, it was already after eleven. The latest that I had ever slept in at least since I had been small. "Oh, wow.." I said, "it's that late already?"

"Mhm, mother made some strawberry pancakes for breakfast, and we saved you some," said Rae with a kind smile. Again, I nodded before sitting up, and rubbing my eyes sunlight being splayed across my form. My satin pajamas also caught a ray of the light, and shimmered, though, it was enough to cause Rae to blush. Then when he realized he was staring he shook his head, and looked quickly away. I stretched a bit more, and then swung my feet out of bed.

"Gomen nasai for having slept in so late," I apologize, but Rae shook his head.

"There's no need to apologize," he smiled. "Did you have a good night sleep?"

I nodded. "Mhm."

I then made my way across the room, to my closet rummaging through it for a shirt. I settled on a black spagehitti tank-top, a pair of navy blue capris, and peach colored no-sleeved vest. I went down to the bathroom to shower, and then changed out of my pajamas. I let my hair air-dry, but ran a brush through it briefly, before tucking in back behind my shoulders. I grabbed one of the hair lockies out of the brush door, and pulled my hair back into my usual low ponytail.

I was walking out of the bathroom, when I ran into Ritsuo, Rae's father. He looked at me, and chuckled reaching out to steady me. "Good morning, sleepy-head," he teased. I glanced up at him, and smiled shyly.

"Gomen ne," I automatically apologized.

Another chuckled met my ears. "It's fine, Sakuuya. Rae said you had a pretty rough night last night. Not to mention all the partying." He then looked at me playfully skeptic. "I hope you behaved yourself, no sake, right?"

I lightly hit him in the chest. "Of course I didn't. I'd be more worried about Ace drinking, then me."

Ritsuo chuckled again. "Alright, alright." His dark brown eyes sparkled in the now noonlight, and his brunette hair blew faintly in the breeze that swept in from the opened window. "Ayana's got strawberry pancakes waiting for you downstairs. Oh, and your friend Kira called, wanted to know if you were going to the Origak Tourney openings."

"Kira called?" I asked a bit surprised, but then I remembered what she had said the previous night, and smiled. "Oh, right," I said laughing softly. "Sure, if it's okay?"

Ritsuo nodded. "It's fine with me, if Ayana agrees."

I smiled brightly at him, and then threw my arms around his neck kissing him on the cheek ever so gently. "Arigatou gozaimasu."

My foster father just smiled, wrapping his arms around me and hugging back. "And I suppose that you are going to ask if Rae can go with you, right?"

I looked up into his brown eyes. "Well..anou..if it's okay, I'd like it if he could come."

"Are all seven of you getting together again?" Ritsuo chuckled.

"Mhm, we got an invite from the track team captain," I answered.

"An invitation from the team captin himself? Well that's quite a stunning feat."

I laughed lightly at his comment. "Mm, I suppose that it is."

"Well then, I suppose that I best not be keeping you then," said Ritsuo smiling softly. "And yes, if it's alright with Ayana, Rae can go too." I beamed at him again, hugging him tightly.

"Arigatou," I said before pulling away, and then picking up my things rushing back to my room. Where Rae was waiting, sitting on my bed, and looking out my window. I walked in, and put away my things, before walking up to him, I sat down beside him, and placed a hand on his.

"Rae?" I asked. "Are you okay?"

The brunette boy looked away from the window then, and towards me. He smiled softly. "Yeah, everything's just fine, I was just waiting for you."

I smiled at him, leaning forewards to kiss him on the cheek. "Arigatou, Rae. For today, and for what you did last night." Rae blushed, but still managed to find his voice.

"Mhm, not a problem," he said with another smile. He then leapt up off the bed, and took my hand in his. "Come on, mother's pancakes are waiting for you downstairs. That and we wouldn't want to keep Kira waiting, now would we?"

"How did you know?" I asked.

"I was the one who answered the phone, silly."

"O--oh right, I knew that," I said blushing faintly.

"Sure you did," said Rae, and then he tugged lightly on my hand. "Come on then."

"Okay, okay," I said laughing, as I also got up off my bed, and the two of us headed downstairs. And sure enough, there was Ayana in the kitchen just finishing up putting the pancakes on a couple of plates. I looked at Rae. "Didn't you eat, earlier?"

Ayana chuckled softly. "No dear, he wouldn't eat until you got up."

"Oh," I said looking at Rae, who's face turned another faint tint of red. Though I just smiled at him, and then sat down in my usual dining spot, Rae also did. Ayana walked over and handed each of us a plate. Her blue-green eyes sparkled in the sunlight, and brown hair with a faint tint of red to it, was pulled back as it usual were with it's two yellow ribbons. "Arigatou," I said, and Rae's mother just smiled before walking back over to the kitchen sink, and continuing to wash the dishes humming a little tune softly to herself.

"I wouldn't dilly-dally, if I were you," said Ayana with a soft laugh. "You're friend called again, Sakuuya, and I told her that you were finally up. She seems like such a charming girl."

Rae coughed slightly, and muttered something as he was taking a sip of his milk, but his mother didn't seem to have taken notice. I just looked at him, silently chuckling, and then thanked Ayana for the message before going back to eating. When we at long last finished, I put my dished and Rae's in the sink, and said that I would take care of them, but Ayana just told me that that was nonsense, and that I shouldn't keep Kira waiting. I only agreed to let her do them, if she promised to let me wash supper's dishes. Which she relunctantly agreed to, because she knew I wouldn't have left until she said that I could.

I smiled, and then leaned up to kiss her on the cheek. "Arigatou, Ayana-san."

"Yes, yes, now hurry up. You haven't got much time, the opening games start in less then an hour."

Rae and I both smiled at her, and he kissed her before we left. Slipping on our shoes we ran out into the warm autumn afternoon. As we slowed down to a walk, I reached into my bag to pull out my cell-phone, and quickly dialed Kira's number. Her father answered, and when I explained the situation to him, he told me that Kira had already gone off to the park to meet us. I thanked him, and then hung-up, Rae looked at me expectantly.

"They're already at the park," I said answering his silent questioning.

"Already?" repeated Rae.

"Well sou, that's what her otousan said anyways. Himitsu probably left because she didn't want to have to deal with arguing with him this morning." To that Rae nodded in understanding, as we turned and made our way to the park. Once we arrived, Kira, and everyone else were there to great us, and Himitsu wore a fake irritated expression on her face.

"Good afternoon, sleepy-head," said Kira a smile coming to her lips.

"Konnichiwa," I replied. "Sorry that we're late."

Across the way, Ace yawned. "Ah, no hard feelings, Sakuuya. I would have been sleeping still too if it hadn't been for little miss sunshine over there," he was talking about Kira who just stuck her tongue out at him. "She's hellbent on finding out who the mysterious tree-boy was last night." Ace yawned, and Logan looked at him with an annoyed expression.

"Ah," said Rae with a sheepish smile. "You think that he's going to be at the opening games?"

Kira shrugged. "I don't know, but I know that those other two shady fellows are going to be there," her crimson eyes grew hot.

"You seriously don't want to go to the games just for the fun of things do you?" I asked laughing lightly.

"Of course not! I am a girl on a mission. And I plan on unmasking those two creeps, as well as our festive tree-boy." I laughed again.

"An something tells me that attempting to talk you out of it, isn't going to happen."

"You better believe it," said Kira. "So, shall we then?"

She started towards Origak High.

"Why do I have a feeling that this is going to be 'long' day?" muttered Ace as the rest of us followed after Kira.

"Because we're doing what Kira wants," said Logan irritably.

"Come on," said Max. "We all know that you'd do anything for her."

"Will you shut the hell up?!" cried Logan. "I don't like her like that."

"Ooh, and what way do you like her?" teased Max violet eyes twinkling mischievously.

"Max, that's enough," said Jake with a faint smile. "I don't very well like the idea of you, and Logan getting into a fight." Max looked at him, but huffed a faint, 'oh alright,' and we didn't here another word from her, and Logan's previous fight.

As we came upon Origak High, everyone stopped, and Kira looked up at the tall buildings of the high school, her eyes wide. "Wow," she said in awe. "This place if fucking huge," she then looked down at the invitation.

"Yeah," said Logan with a smirk. "So where do we start, Kira?"

Himitsu hit him in the chest none too lightly, and glared, but her gaze momentarily returned to Origak. The campus was far larger than our school's, and much more lavished. The main part of the school was at least several stories in height, with huge, wide windows that glittered in the sun's light. Before us there was a huge iron gate that stated the name of high school,and just beyond that we could see a ton of students walking around. Talking, laughing, some were chasing after others there we even couples holding hands and whispering sweet nothings in their lover's ears.

"Maybe I should rephrase my earlier question," said Logan. "How the hell do we get in, first off?"

"I hope that you have your invitation," replied a cooling voice from behind us, and several of us jumped turning around and facing who had spoken. The voice had belonged to a tall boy probably in his senior year with midback length silvery white hair, and brown eyes. He was dressed in the traditional black and red Origak uniform, only he had a small gold badge pinned on his chest opposite to the Origak crest which was stitched onto the right side of the uniform shirt.

"Who the hell are you?" asked Kira refusing to be intimidated.

"Kazuya Narita, I'm the RN here at Origak High," answered the silverhaired senior. Max reached out to grab Himitsu before she said something, and then handed the invitation to Narita-san, smiling as pleasantly as she could muster at him. When the RN's gaze seemed preoccupied with the invitation, Max mouthed to Kira, 'put a lid on it,' and our friend folded her arms across her chest with a smug expression on her face. Just then, though, Narita-san handed the invitation back to us, and then ordered us to follow him which we all did in silence.

He walked up to the gates, and then held up his badge, as momentarily there came a rumbling sound, and then the iron gate squeeked opened. Narita-san walked through, and signalled for us to the do the same. He then led us over, down and around to the back of campus, where our gaze befell as huge outside arena chalk full of people, all wearing different uniforms, and some just casually dressed.

"Oh. My. God," breathed Kira. "You have got to be kidding me? This place is ginormous!"

Narita-san chuckled. "Yes, the Origak Tournament draws tens of thousands of people each year, all coming to watch the finest athletes perform."

"No need to gloat," muttered Logan, and Max hit him in the ribs with her elbow.

"Shut up," she sniped back in a low, warning whisper.

"I believe that you're seats are over this way," said Narita-san beginning to walk again. He led us to a collection of our fellow students, and staff, as well as the parents of the competing athletes. "Enjoy," came Narita-san's voice now seeming quite a ways away. I turned sharply on the my heel to face him, and nearly lost my balance. I slipped up, and stumbled, but a pair of strong arms caught me.

"Easy," said a mildly gentle voice from behind me. I turned my head to find myself face to face with one of the twins we had met before. The quieter, and gentler one, mind you. Mallos, I think his name was.

"Uh..thank you," I said slightly embarrassed. Albeit Kira suddenly rounded on the guy.

"Okay buster, so where's your hot-shot of a brother, hm? And get your hands off her," she knocked Mallos away. He released me, and stumbled backwards, Rae caught me, and Mallos seemed able to steady himself. He turned his blind eyes upon Kira.

"He's probably getting ready for the openings," replied Mallos still in his same gentle tone of voice.

"What? He too kingly to come and greet us, himself?" Kira's eyes were malicious, but Mallos didn't seem moved by her anger in the least, and just continue to stare calmly at her.

"If you like, I can take you to him.." he replied.

"Like hell!" snapped Logan. "We aren't going anywhere."

"Then," said Mallos voice softening in an almost cool manner. "I suggest you stop making such a scene."

Logan just glared at him. "What the fuck ever, I don't have to deal with any of this shit, it's beginning to piss me off." As just like that he suddenly stormed off, Kira sprinting after him after of course, she glared in Mallos' general direction. Max, and I sighed.

"Jake, stay here with Ace, and Rae, alright?" said Max. "Fox, and I will go and bring them back."

"Uhm..alright, if you're sure you don't want us to come with?" said Jake.

"No, it's fine, besides," she paused to smile at him,"someone has to save our seats. We'll only be gone for a short while." Then she leaned towards him, kissing Jake lightly on the lips. "I love you," and then she and I ran off after Kira, and Logan.

"Do you have any idea where they might have went?" Max asked me after we had been searching for a while.

"Iie, I don't," I answered as we rounded a corner. Albeit, as we did I suddenly felt my body smack into someone else, and I gasped closing my eyes as I fell back. I shook my head, and then looked up at who I had ran into mumbling a faint "shirimasen." Max had rushed to my side.

"O--oh, Fox, are you all right?" asked my friend with a concerned expression on her face.

"H--hai," I answered. "Gomen nasai..I wasn't paying attention to where I was going..I--" but I broke off as I looked up into a face that I had sworn that I had seen before, but couldn't remember. He had brown hair, and brown eyes rimmed with glasses, and was dressed in a blue and white windsuit. Though, the minute that I saw his face I felt my body go rigid, and felt fear, and panic rising up within me.

"No, it's quite all right," said the strange man. "I was lost in thought. Here, let me help you up," he held out his hand to me, and I slapped it away. My expression contorting into a mask of anger, and bitterness.

"You," muttered Kerana in a cold tone of voice, her eyes narrowed. And the young man backed slightly away, and then he glanced at my face, and hair, and my alter-ego saw shock and fear on his face. Max had suddenly stepped up between us, and she held out her hand, which Kerana accepted as my friend pulled her back onto her feet. Though, my violet-eyed friend seemed faintly taken aback.

"I--I'm terribly sorry about that," said Max. "She's doesn't trust strangers."

The young man, though, returned to his full six foot frame, and just shook his head. "No, it's quite all right, I understand. My name's Fujiwara, by the way. Fujiwara, Markus." He smiled kindly at the two of us. "So there, now we're not strangers anymore. I'm here judging athletes for one of the scholarships that my college and athletic progam grants to the student with the most potential in his/her sport."

"Ah," said Max. "Well, it was very nice to meet you, Fujiwara-san, but if you'd kindly excuse us? We're looking for a couple friends."

"Oh, you mean the two red-eyed youths?" said Markus.

"Yeah," said Max. "How'd you know?"

"They're just outside the arena, in the forest." Markus pointed towards the southern part of the area.

"Really?" said Max. "Thank you very much."

"Not a problem," said Markus. "Take care," and then he made his way back towards the arena disppearing into its' depths. Max then turned back to me.

"Are you all right?"

"Hai," said Kerana, following after Markus with a narrowed gaze. "Let's just go and find Logan, and Kira."

"Well okay, if you're sure."

Kerana nodded. "I am."

As with that, the two made their way into the forest. Searching, and at long last finding Kira, and Logan. The two were standing in a grove, and arguing, but there was also someone else standing there with them. There was another boy, about our age who stood opposite to Logan, and Kira was standing kiddy-corner to the two. I couldn't make out what there were carrying on about, I just caught a few of the minor details, but not much that could tell me what all the ruckus was about. An apparently, neither could Max, though, when there was a moment of silence between the now tree quarrellers she stepped up with a loud, "what the hell is going on here?"

And all three stopped their arguing and turned to face us, as Max, and I walked into the grove. I glanced about the expansion, and my eyes befell the strange newcomer. He had dark brown, almost black colored hair, and amber eyes, and he was dressed in an some strange uniform that I couldn't ever recall having seen. The outfit looked similar to the Origak one, only his was black with blue trimmings. I looked over his form analytically, and then I realized that he was a student from Lazarus University. Which means that he was either a child genius, or else--something completely different. I did sense that there was something strange about him, but I didn't acknowledge it. I figured that there was a time, and place, and it wasn't here, or now.

"Who're you?" asked Max also noting the strangeness about the young man.

Kira shoved Logan aside. "His name's Masaomi. Stephen Masaomi."

"Our night time tree-boy?" said Max pulling one out of her hat (figuratively speaking. vn.nv;;).

"Yep," said Himitsu.

"So what's he doing here? Not spying again, I hope?" said Max.

"Well, we hoped that wasn't it, and he says he's here for the games," answered Kira, "but I highly doubt that." Stephen however just smirked and held up an invitation.

"Care to try that one again, Kira?"

Himitsu snatched up the paper, and then threw it back at him. "So what? That doesn't prove you actually came here for the games."

"Oh," said Stephen. "You mean like how you didn't come for them either? What was it? Oh yes, you were looking to unmasking the twins, and I, weren't you?"

Logan stormed over, but Kira held him back.

"Alright, can everyone just chill for a minute?!" cried Max, she looked between Kira and Logan, and then at Stephen. "And try to 'civilly' explain things to me? You found your tree-boy, Kira. What else could you honestly want, or need?"

"Like, how about he explains to me why he's been spying on us?" said Kira indignantly.

"Is it my fault for finding you extremely attractive?" said Stephen idly.

"What the fuck? Oh hell no, not this shit again," growled Logan.

"Again?" Max, and I repeated at the same time.

"Ever since Kira found out about him, he's been flirting with her," said Logan, and Max giggled.

"And it pisses you off, hm?"

"I don't trust him!" cried Logan vehemontly.

"I don't blame you," said Stephen. "I wouldn't trust me either."

"Shut the fuck up!" yelled Logan.

"What? I was simply agreeing with you," replied Stephen simply.

"Like hell!" said Logan bitterly, crimson eyes flashing.

"Okay, okay, will you both just calm down already?" said Max, "You're giving me a headache."

"And me," agreed Kira quietly.

"So let me get this straight," said Max. "You're name is Stephen, and you've been only watching us because you find Kira attractive? And you managed to piss Logan off because you admitted to it?"

Stephen shrugged. "Pretty much so."

Max then looked at Kira, and Logan. "And what were the two of you bickering about?"

"The usual," answered Kira also with a shrug.

"Okay, well that's nothing out of the ordinary.." said Max sweatdropping. "So then why does this argument have to keep on? Because, right now I think would be a good time for all of us to just sit down, and watch a bunch of people tripping over themselves." She was of course, talking about the althetes, and the opening games which were probably now going on. Mostly track, from what I could make out at the distance which we were.

"Yeah, I guess that you're right," said Kira quietly. She knew she had been beat by Max's reasoning anyways.

"Fine," said Logan. "Just as long at he gets out of the picture." He glared at Stephen, how mock bowed.

"Just say the word, and I'm gone," the emphasis that he placed on 'gone' sent shivers down my spine. Because though I knew he was going to leave, I really didn't trust it to be for good. I just hand this inkling in the back of my mind that it wouldn't be the last we saw of him, and that soon, if not already he was going to play a very big part in Fate's Grand Design, or rather the one she had laid out for us, anyways. When I went to look back at Stephen, though, he just smirked, and then turned and left without another word.

"Thank god," said Logan.

"That was very rude of you, you know?" chided Kira.

"It was--what?!" said Logan irritably. "He wasn't much of a gentlemen himself."

"No," said Kira, "but he had better manners than you."

"Like what?!"

"Guys!" yelled Max. "Knock if off!"

"What?" cried Kira. "He started it!"

At the same instant Logan exclaimed, "She started it!"

Max just sighed, and shook her head. I simply said nothing just looking between the two.

"Come on," said Max. "Let's just get back to the arena."

"Alright, alright," said Kira. "Sheesh."

As with that the four of us made our way back to the arena, and took our spots watching the games.

And I think that that is where I am going to end it for the night. Gomen ne, but it's already too long for most as it were. -Sweatdrops.- But don't worry, I'll get the next part up, ASAP.

Signing out. K'yotseke, minna.

So tell me now, now that you know, and now that the secrets are coming to light. Things are changing, something's happening. I'm beginning to see it..can you?

No comments: